In the process of making deals, it is important not only to take care of collecting and submitting all the necessary documents but also to make everyone aware of future changes in the company structure. Press releases that can be drafted for various deals can help cope with this task. The most informative press releases can be those that deal with mergers and acquisitions. However, it is not enough to simply talk about the deal and its results; it is important to present all the necessary information in a concise and accessible form. Here are some tips on how to write proper acquisition press releases.
What does it take to write a good merger press release?
Press releases are necessary to promote a company, despite the fact that many companies are gradually abandoning them in favor of more timely and accessible ways of presenting the information. However, their relevance to the business world remains the same. To write informative press releases, we suggest using some simple tips:
- Choose the right topic. A press release should be relevant not only to the subject matter of the message but also to the media outlet for which you are writing it. In doing so, it is important to follow an informational and business style when writing the entire press release.
- Think of a short but informative headline. A headline that is too long will bore the reader, a headline that is too short will not reveal the subject matter. The headline should make it clear what you’re talking about.
- Place important information at the beginning of the press release. It is recommended that the most important information about the deal be placed at the beginning of the message, so as not to make the reading process too long. It is not advisable to make this part too long or short – it should inform about the process and results of the deal in a concise but accessible way.
- Don’t forget the summary of the press release. Small paragraphs at the beginning of the news release will present a summary of the entire press release, which is necessary to keep the reader interested. It can also save time in reading the entire- press release by reading the summary.
- Take care of the inserts and quotes. To make the press release look more “lively” and interesting, you can insert quotes from experts or deal participants, their comments or explanations about the deal. Expert data or case studies can also help make the press release more informative.
How well a press release is written depends on how the company’s image is shaped. Therefore, if your company does not have a marketing or public relations staff, you may want to use the services of experts to write the press release.
What else does the best acquisition announcement contain?
Also, don’t forget a few basic rules for writing press releases, among which you should keep in mind the following:
- Try to be concise and don’t overload the text with unnecessary details;
- Do not forget that you are writing about the deal, so try to focus on the main points of the deal;
- The text should be expert, but without an abundance of specific terminology, which may be incomprehensible to many readers;
- Don’t forget to correctly state the names of the companies involved in the deal.
It takes experience and practice to draft and write good press releases about deals. So if you’re not confident in your abilities, it’s better to enlist the help of experts.